Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Chicago | Monday, Feb 27, 2017 | 6pm–8pm | Jessica Itano
- Ft. Lauderdale | Monday, March 20, 2017 | 6pm–8pm | Dawn Wilson
Pregnancy and the Skin
Elevate your knowledge to a superior level with ingredient expertise in this fascinating and informative class on pregnancy and the skin.
The body goes through many changes during pregnancy and the skin is no exception. Almost 90% of pregnant women will experience various skin conditions from pigmentation and breakouts to stretch marks and dryness. Learn how to answer their most pressing skin care questions on ingredients and treatments such as what to use and what to avoid. We’ll explore both physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy and provide you with the knowledge of what to expect when your clients expecting.
- Philadelphia | Monday, April 3, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
- Vienna | Tuesday, April 4, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
Making Scents of Essential Oils
From great benefits to nontraditional uses, Essential Oils can enhance your treatment room experience. Learn how to customize your treatments and improve your own mood with these great aromas. This information is too good to miss!
Join us for this informative session on:
- The history of essential oils
- Benefits and unique uses in everyday life
- How to customize your services every step of the way
- Ways to improve your life, your business, your retailing and your mood with daily use
- Houston | Monday, March 20, 2017 | 10am–12pm | Laurel Windle
- Pleasanton | Monday, April 10, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Laurel Windle
Technology has rapidly changed how we behave, shop and interact FOREVER yet many skin centers, salons and spas continue to operate in the same manner. To stay relevant, profitable and successful we have to continuously adapt our business around the needs, wants and desires of the consumer. We need to think differently and act fast to seize every opportunity to attract new clients, increase services, boost retail revenues and secure loyalty. It’s time to open your eyes, act fast and make sure you don’t get left behind!
- Irvine | Monday, March 6, 2017 | 10am–12pm | Beth Bialko
Oncology Skin Treatment Insights
Cancer touches so many lives and whether through personal, family or client experience, it’s almost impossible not to be affected in some way. Therapist education is essential and with modifications skin treatments can safely be provided for people in, or with a history of, cancer treatment.
Join us for an informative session with Johnnette du Rand from Greet the Day, where she will discuss treatment objectives, safety considerations, product selection and massage practices for oncology skin treatments, including adjustments required to safely address lymphedema, a common side effect of cancer treatment.
- San Francisco | Wednesday, September 20, 2016 | TBD | Johnnette du Rand
Spot On: Understanding the Causes of Pigmentation
The human skin color palette ranges from the very pale Celtic skin to the very dark skin found in regions of sub-Saharan Africa. Across this wide array of skin colors, there are also many disorders of the pigmentary system, resulting in issues with hypopigmentation and hyperpigmentation. In this class, we'll cover:
- The triggers and biological mechanism of how pigment forms in the skin, and how we can impact and help our clients control their pigmentation disorders.
- An in-depth look at the melanotropins (MSH, estrogens, stress hormones) and how they influence the signaling pathway for melanin.
- How inflammation and pigmentation are intricately-related and how an understanding of the inflammatory process in our skin will lead to a better understanding of this form of pigmentation.
- Los Angeles | Monday, June 6, 2016 | 10am–12pm | Beth Bialko
- Vienna | Monday, June 20, 2016 | 11am–1pm | Patricia Faley
Creating Buzz for Your Business
In this workshop we delve into this world to give you a greater understanding of how it all works. You’ll take away can-do, easier-than-you-think ideas to generate BIG buzz about you and your business.
- 7 simple buzz-building ideas
- How to become your own Ambassador of Buzz
- What social platforms and strategies achieve the most success and how to grow your following
- Boston | Monday, April 10, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Sharon Gerlach
- Orlando | Monday, March 27, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Sharon Gerlach
Hormones and the Skin
Move over mood swings! Hormones are also responsible for breakouts, pigmentation, sagging, and dehydrated skin. One hundred percent of women have to deal with the effects of their hormones at some point in their life – whether it’s during puberty or pregnancy, menopause or stressful situations. Join us for a discussion with Beth Bialko as she sheds light on how hormones affect the skin. At the event, you’ll learn:
- Which hormones are responsible for changes in the skin
- How they work
- What can be done to treat clients going through these changes
We’ll uncover some of the myths out there and provide answers to pressing questions that most women will inevitably ask themselves!
- Dallas | Monday, April 10, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Beth Bialko
- Scottsdale | Monday, February 6, 2017 | 6pm–8pm | Beth Bialko
Camouflage Skin Using Airbrush Techniques
Airbrush make-up is rapidly gaining in popularity and is a frequent request of salon and spa make-up artists. Sheila McKenna will demonstrate the techniques required to be a successful airbrush make-up artist. With an emphasis on airbrush control, Sheila will discuss:
- The fundamentals of airbrushing with KETT techniques
- How to color match, color correct, highlight and contour with seamless perfection
- How to use products that are skin-friendly
- New York | Monday, February 27, 2017 | 11am–1pm | Sheila McKenna
Guest Speaker Events
These industry seminars are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.