Guest Speaker Seminars
These industry events are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.
Accidents do happen - even to the most skilled and conscientious practitioners. Learn how to reduce the risk of mishaps, as well as the correct way to respond if a client is injured during a treatment. This is vital information that may someday save your skin care business and reputation. Come hear what the Experts from our partners at Associated Skin Care Professionals (ASCP) have to share including 10 ways to reduce risk for your clients and protect your career!
- Minneapolis | Monday, September 15, 2014 | 11:00 am-1:00 pm | Jesse Cormier
- Philadelphia | Tuesday, October 21, 2014 | 11:00 am-1:00 pm | Jesse Cormier
Winning Loving Loyal Customers for Life
Business success goes beyond price, performance and value; true success comes from creating amazing customer experiences. Today's customers can instantly share their experiences - good or bad - across their entire social network. So how do you keep their reviews positive, and keep them coming back for more?
Join us for this enlightening session on what consumers want; how to hire, manage and motivate your team; and what to do when things go bad. We'll share how to establish meaningful connections, meet your clients' expectations and provide unparalleled customer service every time!
- New York | Wednesday, September 17, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Annet King
- Sacramento | Monday, October 20, 2014 | 10:00 am-12:00 pm | Annet King
- San Francisco | Monday, October 20, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Annet King
- Irvine | Monday, October 27, 2014 | 10:00 am-12:00 pm | Annet King
She's Gotta Have It - Survival Strategies in a New Retail Landscape
Do you know that women make 85% of all buying decisions, spending $5 trillion annually? Yes! That's a mighty powerful combination, but are you maximizing this opportunity? Or are you struggling to secure your sales? One thing is for sure the landscape has changed, competition is fierce and with mobile technology at their fingertips your clients can buy anytime, anyplace and anywhere. We therefore must evolve to become dynamic, opportunistic retailers!
Join us for this fascinating presentation and discover:
- The new omnichannel landscape and what it means for you
- The #7 most important retail trends happening NOW!
- How to adapt your business to achieve GREATER success
- How women shop: Their behavior, their wants and their desires
- Washington D.C. | Monday, September 29, 2014 | 11:00 am-1:00 pm | Sharon Gerlach
Lift Off! The Science of Exfoliation
Exfoliation is an art and a science. Exfoliating methods have drastically changed over the centuries although their primary goal has remained steadfast - to improve the texture and quality of the skin. Join us for a deep dive into the science behind exfoliation, chemicals peels and medical resurfacing. After this discussion, you'll have the knowledge and confidence to use advanced exfoliating techniques in your treatment room for even better results on your clients' skin.
- Los Angeles | Monday, October 6, 2014 | 10:00 am-12:00 pm | Beth Bialko
- Dallas | Monday, October 13, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Whitney Johnson
Licensed Acupuncturist Dana Hoffman will be discussing how Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine slow the aging clock for our faces and improves our internal functionality. Acupuncture improves digestion, sleep, and lowers stress. Cosmetic acupuncture improves complexion, makes skin tighter, and minimizes wrinkles. Cosmetic acupuncture is a complementary therapy to the important work that Professional Skin Therapists already do for their clients.
Dana Hoffman is a Nationally Board Certified Diplomat in Acupuncture and is a Licensed Acupuncturist in the State of Illinois. She also studied under several esteemed doctors in Beijing, China. Dana Hoffman was featured on the Channel 2 News in Chicago for her work in Cosmetic Acupuncture and interviewed on the topic for Chicago Social Magazine, She is a contributor to the online magazine The Succulent Wife. Dana has been practicing acupuncture, specializing in comprehensive internal medicine, women's health, and dermatology for over 6 years, and has been practicing cosmetic acupuncture for over 3 years. Her private practice, Lake Shore Acupuncture is in Chicago's Bucktown neighborhood, and in Northfield, Illinois.
- Chicago | Tuesday, October 21, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Dana Hoffman
Taking Care of You with Laura West
Do you suffer from lower back stress? Pain in your neck? Exhaustion by the end of the day? These are all signs that your fascia is dehydrated. As Professional Skin Therapists, we are often so focused on taking care of our clients and their needs that we forget about us. It is important that we reconnect and restore balance to ourselves. Don't miss this informative and interactive event to learn simple and effective techniques to rehydrate the tensional network of the human body: your fascia!
- Atlanta | Monday, October 27, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Laura West
CranioSacral Therapy (CST) is a gentle, hands-on method of evaluating and enhancing the functioning of a physiological body system called the craniosacral system - comprised of the membranes and cerebrospinal fluid that surround and protect the brain and spinal cord.
Using a soft touch generally no greater than 5 grams, or about the weight of a nickel, practitioners release restrictions in the craniosacral system to improve the functioning of the central nervous system. Come hear from world -renowned Physical Therapy Specialist, Peter about:
- The history and origins of CranioSacral Therapy
- The Upledger Institute
- What CranioSacral Therapy does?
- CST and Reiki
- How he integrates CST and energy work into his practice
- Future Applications of CST
- Boston | Monday, November 3, 2014 | 6:00 pm-8:00 pm | Peter van Twuyver
Understanding the Body Wrapping Certification
It's no secret that skin care goes beyond the face. But are you offering your clients options for body skin care? If you're looking to extend your treatments into body therapies, join us for an evening about Body Wrapping with Rita Pizzo, Master Esthetician and CIDESCO Diplomat. Rita has earned the respect of her peers as an educator and skin care specialist and is an outstanding example of professionalism and commitment. At this exclusive event, you'll learn:
- How to keep up with the latest body spa treatments
- State mandates for body wrapping
- Benefits of getting your Body Wrap Certification
- Register for the upcoming body wrapping certification class with Rita Pizzo at the IDI
- Fort Lauderdale | Thursday, November 6, 2014 | 11:00 am-1:00 pm | Rita Pizzo
The Art of Threading
Join us for this exciting evening and learn about the industry's newest and innovative trend, the art of threading by Sushila Patel! Sushila mastered this technique in India and she now has over 25 years of experience in threading. Along with her threading abilities, she is a licensed cosmetologist and professional skin therapist. Sushila will share her expertise with you in this informative workshop and she will discuss:
- An introduction to the art of threading
- Benefits of threading over waxing and tweezing
- Learn about threading on different areas of the face
- Practical demonstration of threading
- Receive a free threading kit!
- Learn how to enhance your business with threading!
- Orlando | Thursday, November 13, 2014 | 2:00 pm-4:00 pm | Sushila Patel
Keeping the Pain Out of Your Practice
This event is all about YOU! Maintain your body with pain-minimizing, ergonomic movements while inside, and outside, of your treatment room!
Feel the Burn?
Pain and injury from repetitive movements are known as RSI (Repetitive Strain Injuries), and can often be overlooked by those experiencing them.
Pain in the...
Ergonomic positioning and movement during treatments can keep your body healthy so you can focus on your profession - not pain.
Get the Answers!
Learn simple, practical exercises from a physical therapist to help minimize pain issues and prevent injury. Don't miss this class that's all about relief
- Denver | Monday, November 17, 2014 | 9:00 am-11:00 am | Kelli Crosby
Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Houston | Monday, December 8, 2014 | 10:00 am-12:00 pm | Beth Bialko