Guest Speaker Events
These industry seminars are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.
Microneedling, originally known as collagen induction therapy or percutaneous collagen induction (PCI), is now a well-documented treatment option in atrophic acne scars and for skin rejuvenation. At this event, you will learn about the benefits of microneedling, why clients choose it and what happens to the skin when microneedling is performed. You'll also witness a treatment demonstration!
- Minneapolis | Wednesday, August 5th, 2015 | 11:00 am–1:00 pm | Tracey Rudolph Lakin
Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Chicago | Monday, September 14th, 2015 | 6pm-8pm | Jessica Itano
Hormones and the Skin
Move over mood swings, hormones are also responsible for breakouts, pigmentation, sagging, and dehydrated skin! One hundred percent of women have to deal with the effects of their hormones at some point in their life – whether it’s during puberty, pregnancy, menopause, or even stressful situations. Join us for a discussion with Beth Bialko as she tells us how hormones affect the skin.
- Dallas | Monday, September 14th, 2015 | 6pm-8pm | Carrie Garman
Winning Loyal, Loving Customers for Life
How are you steering your business to meet the expectations of today’s connected customer? What are you doing to ensure that you and your team provide an unparalleled level of customer service every time?
Join us for this dynamic enlightening session and discover:
- Insight into consumer needs and desires
- How to heighten the overall customer service experience
- How to hire, manage and motivate your team
- The #1 thing that increases customer loyalty
- Atlanta | Monday, September 28th, 2015 | 1pm-3pm | Annet King
Pregnancy and the Skin
Elevate your knowledge to a superior level with ingredient expertise in this fascinating and informative class on pregnancy and the skin.
The body goes through many changes during pregnancy and the skin is no exception. Almost 90% of pregnant women will experience various skin conditions from pigmentation and breakouts to stretch marks and dryness. Learn how to answer their most pressing skin care questions on ingredients and treatments such as what to use and what to avoid. We’ll explore both physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy and provide you with the knowledge of what to expect when your clients expecting.
- New York | Monday, September 28th, 2015 | 1pm-3pm | Beth Bialko
- San Francisco | Monday, October 12th, 2015 | 10am-12pm | Michelle Turner
- Los Angeles | Monday, October 26th, 2015 | 10am-12pm | Beth Bialko
Making Scents of Essential Oils
From great benefits to nontraditional uses, Essential Oils can enhance your treatment room experience. Learn how to customize your treatments and improve your own mood with these great aromas. This information is too good to miss!
Join us for this informative session on:
- The history of essential oils
- Benefits and unique uses in everyday life
- How to customize your services every step of the way
- Ways to improve your life, your business, your retailing and your mood with daily use
- Washington DC | Monday, September 28th, 2015 | 2pm-4pm | Patricia Faley
- Orlando | Monday, October 19th, 2015 | 11am-1pm | Patricia Faley
Dimples look great on the cheeks – on facial cheeks, that is. Approximately 90% of women suffer from cellulite. Magazine, TV and Internet ads are rife with treatments that claim to zap, melt, jiggle and freeze the fat away. The truth is cellulite is a complex condition involving the microcirculatory and lymphatic systems, extracellular matrix and subcutaneous fat. In this dynamic lecture, you'll learn what cellulite is and how it differs from "normal" fat. We'll also go over the causes of cellulite and available treatment options you can share with your clients.
- Irvine | Monday, October 5th, 2015 | 11pm-3pm | Michelle Turner
Intro to Oncology Skin Care
Your clients’ health comes first in a skin treatment – but do you know how to treat those clients who are also oncology patients? At this informative event, you’ll learn how to best treat the skin of those living with oncology-related issues. We’ll introduce you to the different medical treatments that your clients maybe receiving and we’ll also:
- Share which ingredients to look for and which to avoid
- Teach you how to prepare your treatment room to treat oncology patients
- Help you determine if you and your clients are emotionally ready for treatment
- Ft. Lauderdale | Monday, October 5th, 2015 | 11am-1pm | Sharon Bell
Taking Care of You
Do you suffer from lower back stress? Pain in your neck? Exhaustion by the end of the day? These are all signs that your fascia is dehydrated. As professional skin therapists, we are often so focused on taking care of our clients and their needs that we forget about our own. Now is your chance to reconnect and rebalance. At this interactive Guest Speaker Event, we'll share simple, effective techniques to help you alleviate stress and rehydrate the tensional network of the human body... your fascia!
- Minneapolis | Tuesday, October 6th, 2015 | 11am-1pm | Laura West
Social Media for Your Business
Social Media is one of the most accessible ways for you to market your business. And in today’s tech-savvy world, it’s clear it’s not going anywhere! Focusing your marketing efforts on social media can help you to stay up-to-date in the digital world, where most clients, new and old, can be found! Whether you’re new to social media or your business is already there, it’s important to have a strategy set in place. At this informative event, we’ll help you understand and implement your social media efforts. You’ll also:
- Learn how to create a strategy so you can plan and enact your efforts in an organized way
- Get inspired! Learn what makes content great and how to create a voice for your brand
- Learn tips and tricks for posting, getting new fans, and increasing engagement rates
- Learn how to handle complaints or negative reviews
- Scottsdale | Monday, October 19th, 2015 | 2pm-4pm | Addie Guenther
- Sacramento | Monday, November 2nd, 2015 | 10am-12pm | Michelle Silva
Photo Ready Make-up
Spend time with Sonia Gentilucci, Make-up and Hair Specialist. With her knowledge and experience, she will guide you through creating photo ready make-up.
At this exclusive event you will learn:
- Make-up looks for special occasions which includes prom and bridal
- How to create a foundation for long lasting make-up
- How to make photos beautiful
- How to create a flawless skin complexion
- Make-up artistry techniques
- Boston | Monday, October 26th, 2015 | 6pm-8pm | Sonia Gentilucci
Secrets of Social Media
Social media has fundamentally changed the way we interact with each other on a personal level, and it’s changed the way we do business, too. Facebook, Twitter and YouTube are powerful tools you can utilize to grow your client base and connect with them on an ongoing basis. This session will teach you how to capitalize on these tools to convey relevant and meaningful information to your clients AND attract new ones, and never waste time on social media again!
- Dallas | Monday, October 26th, 2015 | 6pm-8pm | Emily Garman
Spend time with Kate McCarthy, Make-up Specialist. With her knowledge and experience, she will guide you through creating beautiful make-up and marketing yourself in the industry.
At this exclusive event you will also learn:
- How to jump start your business
- Application for event and bridal make-up
- Proper false eye lash application
- Make-up artistry techniques with basic knowledge in photography lighting
- Denver | Monday, November 9th, 2015 | 2 pm-4pm | Kate McCarthy
Shed the Red
Rosacea affects 45 million people worldwide, yet nearly half of the world’s population is in the dark when it comes to identifying and understanding this common skin disorder. This condensed science-packed event will uncover the mysteries behind Rosacea and how you can begin treatment by understanding its causes.
At this special event, you’ll:
- Understand the biological basis of Rosacea
- Know when to recommend medical help vs. designing a professional treatment plan
- Recognize Triggers and Tripwires that affect Rosacea
- Scottsdale | Monday, November 16th, 2015 | 11am-1pm | Laurel Windle
SAccidents do happen—even to the most skilled and conscientious practitioners. Learn how to reduce the risk of mishaps, as well as the correct way to respond if a client is injured during a treatment. This is vital information that may someday save your skin care business and reputation.
- Do clients really sue? Learn from some of our real-life cases.
- Know what to do (and what NOT to do) in the event you injure a client during a treatment.
- Does your employer’s liability insurance policy really cover you?
- What is the difference between claims-made liability insurance coverage versus occurrence-form? What is a shared aggregate policy versus individual coverage?
- Learn the top 10 ways to reduce risk for your clients and protect your career.
- Philadelphia | Tuesday, December 8th, 2015 | 1pm-2:30pm | Jessie Cormier