Guest Speaker Events
These industry seminars are offered complimentary to all professionals and IDI students.
Today's modern approach to body waxing is calling for more difficult treatments than ever with the growing interest in Brazilian waxing, which can be intimidating if you don't have the correct knowledge and tools. Join us for this event that covers the steps of a successful Brazilian waxing treatment.
- Minneapolis | Monday, February 8th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Dawn Wilson
- Dallas | Monday, April 18th, 2016 | 6pm-8pm | Dawn Wilson
Pregnancy and the Skin
Elevate your knowledge to a superior level with ingredient expertise in this fascinating and informative class on pregnancy and the skin.
The body goes through many changes during pregnancy and the skin is no exception. Almost 90% of pregnant women will experience various skin conditions from pigmentation and breakouts to stretch marks and dryness. Learn how to answer their most pressing skin care questions on ingredients and treatments such as what to use and what to avoid. We’ll explore both physical and hormonal changes of pregnancy and provide you with the knowledge of what to expect when your clients expecting.
- Scottsdale | Monday, January 11th, 2016 | 6pm-8pm | Beth Bialko
- Houston | Monday, March 11th, 2016 | 10am-12pm | Beth Bialko
- Denver | Monday, March 21sh, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Beth Bialko
Making Scents of Essential Oils
From great benefits to nontraditional uses, Essential Oils can enhance your treatment room experience. Learn how to customize your treatments and improve your own mood with these great aromas. This information is too good to miss!
Join us for this informative session on:
- The history of essential oils
- Benefits and unique uses in everyday life
- How to customize your services every step of the way
- Ways to improve your life, your business, your retailing and your mood with daily use
- New York | Monday, March 7th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Laura West
- Ft. Lauderdale | Monday, March 7th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Patricia Faley
- Atlanta | Monday, April 11th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Patricia Faley
Intro to Oncology Skin Care
Your clients’ health comes first in a skin treatment – but do you know how to treat those clients who are also oncology patients? At this informative event, you’ll learn how to best treat the skin of those living with oncology-related issues. We’ll introduce you to the different medical treatments that your clients maybe receiving and we’ll also:
- Share which ingredients to look for and which to avoid
- Teach you how to prepare your treatment room to treat oncology patients
- Help you determine if you and your clients are emotionally ready for treatment
- Boston | Monday, April 25th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Sharon Bell
Taking Care of You: The Power of Your Touch
Do you suffer from lower back stress? Pain in your neck? Exhaustion by the end of the day? These are all signs that your fascia is dehydrated. As professional skin therapists, we are often so focused on taking care of our clients and their needs that we forget about our own. Now is your chance to reconnect and rebalance. At this interactive Guest Speaker Event, we'll share simple, effective techniques to help you alleviate stress and rehydrate the tensional network of the human body... your fascia!
- Philadelphia | Tuesday, March 8th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Laura West
- Washington DC | Monday, March 14th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Laura West
Spend time with Kate McCarthy, Make-up Specialist. With her knowledge and experience, she will guide you through creating beautiful make-up and marketing yourself in the industry.
At this exclusive event you will also learn:
- How to jump start your business
- Application for event and bridal make-up
- Proper false eye lash application
- Make-up artistry techniques with basic knowledge in photography lighting
- Denver | Monday, November 9th, 2015 | 2 pm-4pm | Kate McCarthy
Shed the Red
Rosacea affects 45 million people worldwide, yet nearly half of the world’s population is in the dark when it comes to identifying and understanding this common skin disorder. This condensed science-packed event will uncover the mysteries behind Rosacea and how you can begin treatment by understanding its causes.
At this special event, you’ll:
- Understand the biological basis of Rosacea
- Know when to recommend medical help vs. designing a professional treatment plan
- Recognize Triggers and Tripwires that affect Rosacea
- San Francisco | Monday, March 14th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Laurel Windle
How to Identify, Shift and Capitalize on Today’s Consumer Trends
Technology has rapidly changed how we behave, shop and interact FOREVER yet many skin centers, salons and spas continue to operate in the same manner. To stay relevant, profitable and successful we have to continuously adapt our business around the needs, wants and desires of the consumer. We need to think differently and act fast to seize every opportunity to attract new clients, increase services, boost retail revenues and secure loyalty. It’s time to open your eyes, act fast and make sure you don’t get left behind!
- Irvine | Monday, March 7th, 2016 | 11am-1pm | Annet King
Oncology Skin Treatment Insights
Cancer touches so many lives and whether through personal, family or client experience, it’s almost impossible not to be affected in some way. Therapist education is essential and with modifications skin treatments can safely be provided for people in, or with a history of, cancer treatment.
Join us for an informative session with Johnnette du Rand from Greet the Day, where she will discuss treatment objectives, safety considerations, product selection and massage practices for oncology skin treatments, including adjustments required to safely address lymphedema, a common side effect of cancer treatment.
- Sacramento | Wednesday, March 9th, 2016 | 2pm-4pm | Johnnette du Rand
LED Lights in the Treatment Room
At this event, you will get an overview of LED (Light Emitting Diode) Therapy. LED technology was developed by NASA to promote wound healing in zero gravity. This technology is now available to estheticians in very affordable units. But like every modality, there is a right way and a wrong way. LED therapy will make a wonderful addition to your treatment room and services menu.
- Orlando I Monday, March 21st, 2016 I 11am-1pm I Lisa Long