"Is there anything I can do/buy for my boyfriend that will help get rid of his old, deep acne scars besides microdermabrasion?"
  • Print

Crater scaring is a tough condition to treat. What has happened is white blood cells attacked not only the bacteria of acne but also his new collagen and elastin, creating the scaring. While microdermabrasion is great, it only removes the top few layers. But with this type of scar you need to go a bit deeper. Dermabrasion is the treatment of choice but is only offered by Dermatologists or plastic surgeons. Alternating microdermabrasion with chemical resurfacers such as Trichloroacetic Acid (TCA) will help him achieve the results he’s looking for. Please know that this will be a process and more than 4 treatments of each maybe required

View All Questions

Don't see your question? You can suggest a question to us - if we think it's great, we'll answer it online.